Saturday, April 04, 2009

Some of My Best My Friends Are Italians

Well, one of them, anyway. Now look, Hu Jintao I can understand—no, we Japanese aren’t happy, but we get it, okay? And Gordon Brown, the host, sure. And the Saudi guy, whoever he is, we need his money too…

So I guess my question is, why does this photo remind me of that old German joke:
Ex-soldiers from the Third Reich, the Imperial Army, and Mussolini’s troops are having a drink, talkin’ about the old times, when the German guy, now very drunk, leans over to the Japanese guy and whispers, “Next time we go to war, no Italians”.
You tell me. And it’s a good reminder that you don’t have to look like Stephen Colbert to look like Stephen Colbert.



And the Queen is not amused either.



ADD April 5: Can we say trifecta? Yes we can!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of my best friends are Japanese!!! I know one is for sure....and I will never let him go!!!

T. Greer said...

Foriegn Policy Watch has even more fun with it: http://fpwatch.blogspot.com/2009/04/fun-with-photography.html

Jun Okumura said...

Wonderful, Anonymous!

T.Greer: HAHA, thanks. I’m sure that Chief Gift-that-Keeps-on-Giving has kept many another blogger busy with his G20 antics.